Cosplay Ted Talk


I recently watched a Ted talk about cosplay. The speaker was Adam Savage one of the hosts of Myth busters. The topic was about how clothing expresses who we are and who we want to be. He talked about how cosplay is an expressive narrative of what we want to be or who we want to be. He used a few slides that were mostly pictures of him as a kid dressed up in costumes he made himself. The other slides he used was reference pictures of what he was talking about for his costumes or other people in cosplay. It was pretty effective strategy to keep people’s attention as well as to be comical. However it also helped displaying his points. There were no real questions asked in this presentation, he mostly went over how he came to love cosplay and why he enjoys it. Humor was used throughout the presentation, he expressed his points though comical slides or he told stories he experienced. The pacing was quite excellent, it didn't feel rushed or to slow. It went along smoothly without feeling dull or boring. The path of the presentation started from when he was a kid and how he got started in cosplay and then telling stories throughout his life leading up till present day.  During the whole thing I felt totally engaged, I honestly didn't want to look away for a moment I was so caught up in the presentation. After it was done, I felt inspired to also get in to cosplay more seriously because I was always a fan of it. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IPA's and Their Systems